If you are interested in a career opportunity with Western Surety, please apply directly through our Careers Portal at www.hillcompanies.com:
Senior Underwriter - Mississauga, ON
Western Surety Company is one of the largest writers of surety bonds for the construction industry in Canada and had earned the distinction of industry leader in the markets they serve.
Western Surety Company requires a person to join its dedicated, forward-thinking team of surety professionals involved in the specialized business of contract and commercial surety bonding throughout Canada. This position will be involved in the underwriting process to pre-qualify businesses for the construction industry as well as develop and maintain business relationships with brokers and clients and participate in industry events.
- Underwriting: Responsible for the maintaining, practicing and implementation of the contract surety policies, guidelines, procedures and operating processes for the geographical area of responsibility including assigned contracting accounts and brokers.
- Service: Provide high levels of service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Teamwork: Participate and contribute to a cohesive and functional group environment. Assist where needed and required through policy, procedure, guideline, underwriting support and external business related matters.
- Business Development: Promotion of the contract surety strategic plans through the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of these plans to targeted and existing brokers and contractors.
Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- Post-Secondary degree, Commerce or Business Administration, preferably in accounting or finance, or a business related educational background.
- Possess analytical, negotiating and marketing abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of customers in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Ability to resolve requests, situations and underwriting or business related issues effectively with increased complexities, timeliness and importance.
- Enhanced level of analytical review of financial statements.
- At Minimum 3 years surety, financial institution or construction experience.
- Western Surety Company offers a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Western Surety is a member of The Hill Companies, a privately owned and multi-faceted organization based in Regina.
Surety Associate - Dartmouth, NS
We are looking for a qualified individual to join our forward-thinking team of surety professionals involved in the business of contract and commercial surety bonding throughout Canada. Western Surety Company is one of the largest writers of surety bonds for the construction industry in Canada and is an industry leader in the markets they serve.
This position is accountable for maintaining the administrative systems of the branch office and assisting in the processing of commercial surety bonds in Atlantic Canada.
What you will bring to the job:
- A business-related educational background and/or 2 years of office administration experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Superior written and organization skills;
- The ability to deliver excellent customer service;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Initiative and ability to work in a team environment and;
- Surety, insurance or financial institution experience would be considered an asset.
What you will receive from us:
- Competitive salary, incentive pay, health benefits, pension and group RRSP;
- Additional benefits including children’s scholarship and a wellness program;
- Flexible, performance driven and merit based work environment;
- Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and
- Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and training opportunities.
Western Surety is a member of The Hill Companies, a privately owned and multi-faceted organization. For more information on the company, please visit our website at www.westernsurety.ca.
If you are looking for a career in an exciting and rewarding industry please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.